[Aged 3 – 8] Preschool Chinese, Malay & English Language (1:1 Coaching) Trilingual Reading & Brain Development Enrichment Programme
Teaching young children words recognition, pronunciation, reading, comprehension & writing. YelaoShr® Creative Learning Centre is parent’s preferable choice!
Reading Early For A Head Start in Life
According to experts, children aged 3 – 6 years are in their golden period of learning. Their brains are akin to a blank disc, ever ready to absorb new information. To them, memorizing is not a burden but a biological necessity. Thus, it is important to harness this potential during this period so that your child can learn to master essential words in the primary school syllabus (approximately 2500 commonly used Chinese words).
The advantage that comes with word literacy is the ability to read. The purpose of teaching word recognition is to fast-track reading. Reading is the key to knowledge and wisdom. A child who reads is capable of attaining greater cognitive development. Reading serves to enrich a child’s vocabulary and improves his or her ability to communicate. It also serves to inculcate a passion for learning and helps build self-confidence, essentially laying the very foundation for a bright future.
On the contrary, if a child were to begin word learning only upon entering a primary school, the child may not be able to cope with the pace in school. Consequently, the child’s abilities to read and understand will be hampered.
In addition, learning at an early age actually helps reduce the burden they will face in primary school later. Students in SJK(C) need to learn 8 subjects. A poor proficiency in Chinese will ultimately hinder learning of other subjects and damper their interest and confidence when they fail to catch up in school.
The problems faced by students in Chinese primary schools:
- In Primary One, a child is expected to master a total of eight subjects, namely Malay Language, Chinese Language, English, Arithmetic, Science, Moral Studies, Area Research and Living Skills.
- If the child has a poor command of languages, he or she will not be able to read and understand textbooks. Homework becomes a difficult task and the child will eventually do badly in examinations.
- Lacking a good vocabulary of Chinese words makes learning of school subjects more and more difficult as the child moves up to higher levels.
- Many students in Chinese primary schools have a limited vocabulary of Malay Language and English. They are often unable to pronounce and understand words in Malay Language and English.
- When a child is unable to keep up with the pace in school, he or she is likely to lose interest, become lazy and defiant. This is certainly a serious cause for concern to the parents.
- When the child reaches secondary school, the disinterest in reading and schooling grows deeper. Little wonder that the child eventually quits schooling. It is a loss to the society.
Do you wish your child could understand everything that is taught by teachers in school? Do you wish your child would have the initiative to do homework and revision without your supervision?
Do you wish your child could excel both academically and in conduct?
Do you wish your child would not be unduly stressed by examinations and yet could pass with flying colours?
- We employ revolutionary techniques in guiding your children on word recognition. The more words learned, the better. This will inculcate their reading interest and help to kick-start their reading habit from an early age.
- By the time your children enter Primary One, they would already have a rich command of words. Schools will no longer be a source of stress. Instead, schooling becomes fun as the children are able to keep up with the pace. Please make the most of the precious 2 to 3 years of your children’s pre-school age. Send your children to YelaoShr® Creative Learning Centre to build a strong foundation in Malay Language and Chinese Language. With a strong foundation of languages, they will be able to read to pursue further knowledge. A bright future awaits them.
At YelaoShr®, our unique learning method helps children master 1,500 Chinese , Malay & Engish words to lay a solid foundation in the language.
Advantages of Starting Early
- Builds memory power
- Develops mental focus
- Promotes whole brain development and intelligence
Malay & English Syllable Pronunciation, Reading and Comprehension
Most Chinese children fear and shun the Malay language because it is not their mother tongue. More often than not, most parents place greater emphasis on Chinese and English during preschool than the Malay language, resulting in weak foundation of the national language amongst many children. It becomes a challenge for these young learners, who have not even mastered suku kata, when they enter Standard 1, especially in SJK where maths and science are taught in the national language.
YelaoShr® Malay & English Syllable Pronunciation, Reading and Comprehension Programme uses stress-free learning method to nurture children’s interest in the Malay & English languages so that they can master suku kata, perbendaharaan kata, tatabahasa and pemahaman at an early age.